Wireless Sensor Networking for Home Automation
The Innovative MeshScape wireless sensor networking platform is ideal for Any Home Automation application. It lets building automation OEM manufacturers offer new-breed solutions that provide:
Meeting the Unique Requirements of All Types of Buildings
- Greater building environment control - Integrate and centralize the management of heating, cooling, lighting, audio/video equipment, home appliances, security and other equipment as well as automate the control of multiple systems.
- Energy conservation - Create adaptive applications that reduce energy expenses through optimized HVAC and equipment management and allocate utility costs equitably based on actual consumption.
- Flexibility for changing layouts - Easily reconfigure systems to create adaptable workspaces or less intrusively retrofit existing infrastructures while saving time and money.
The MeshScape network system - using D3R - is the foundation of an efficient, responsive, and resilient wireless sensor network. Ready-to-embed hardware modules and assemblies and easily integrate with your gauge, sensor, actuator, or other instrumentation/sensing device to connect and communicate over the MeshScape self-organizing, self-healing network. The networks easily and fully integrate with network-management system and applications.
MeshScape is the only wireless sensor networking solution available today that supports the unique requirements of any buildings:
- Scalability across a large building – Wireless sensor network deployed in homes must be able to scale to hundreds of nodes.
- Responsiveness to unique building layout characteristics – Each building has a unique set of characteristics and requirements to determine placement of the sensor network modules. For example, a building might require that mesh nodes be installed only in public/shared space, or elevator shafts must be used for between-floor routing, or special equipment may create RF interference in an area of a building. MeshScape’s highly responsive topology discovery method enables these unique requirements to be addressed.
- Power efficiency to support campus deployment – In cases where networks are deployed in campuses across multiple buildings, some between-building nodes may not have access to AC power and must operate for years on batteries.